Look what I just got!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KathysLGC, Mar 31, 2005.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Been looking for a Z for a while now. This one was the best I've seen in the area. Needs a complete tune up tho. The owner said he was getting out and didn't do it at the end of the season. He has a bunch of stuff for sale. Quick question. How much oil does it take for the hydro? I'm going to order a filter and drain the system but not sure how much Mobil 1 to get also any one know where the best place to get new front tires at a good price? I might go with the foam filled.

Lazer Z.jpg

2. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

Looks like a good machine after a good tune up and wash. Whats the deck size, hp? How much if you don't mind me asking. I've been thinking of getting one soon.

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

The hydros on my Toro Z Master hold just under two quarts.

4. cward

cward LawnSite Member

Playboy,
    Go to the Exmark website. They have the viewable specifications on-line. I would almost bet money they'd send you an owners manual.

5. KathysLGC

25HP Kohler 60" Trivantage deck. Got it for $3000. This guy just wanted out. When i went to look at it yesterday some one was buying his Scag WB and all his hand helds.

6. sodgod

sodgod LawnSite Member

Wow $3,000!!!!! you got yourself a deal my friend. sitting around waiting for the right opprotunity pays off. You can get the tires at a lesco dealer. Thats if you have one near you. Try landscaper pro or foramly know as landscapers supply. (landscaper pro just bought out Landscapers supply) I just got there 2005 product catalog and they have many to choose from. Hope this helps.

7. KathysLGC

Yup! This is what i've been waiting for.... Some one just wanting out. I've been seeing a lot of Exmark 60" Z and Toro's in the paper for $3500-5000 but many where just beat the hell up. Cracked/bent decks, Engine problems, abused etc. This one still has many of the original stickers on it. I'm assuming it
    s a 1998-1999 model. The serial # is 139648 and Model # is LZ25KC603 if any one knows how to tell from that let me know.
    I just got the owners/part manual from the site.

8. kwelch

kwelch LawnSite Member

Nice Mower. Hell of a deal.

9. KathysLGC

Thanks! I'll be replacing all belts and the choke cable because it's a bit stiff and looks like it was crimped somehow. I did notice the throttle wasn't too responsive. It's as if the cable needs to be adjusted. I removed the air filter and it's shot. I'm going to adjust the throttle cable tonight and make sure the choke is not sticking.

Any one have luck with the Zero flat tires from Jthomas? uhh oh yeah I'll do a search. :)

10. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the new mower. Not a bad deal. How many hours does it have on it?