Look What I Made!!!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by rvsuper, Mar 3, 2003.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I made this today, I am planning on using it at places on the course where there is no automatic irrigation, but a hose bibb or quick connect nearby. What do you guys think?

I am going to use this one at home, its 3/4" PVC With a 5000 Plus, but for the course I am planning on making 1 inchers with Falcon rotors.

mar03#01.jpg

2. Real nice alex it should help you out

3. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

I dont get it super ? what is this for, what areas doesnt a golf course have that are not irrigated that should be, I am all about learning here>

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

OK. You all know I am the new super at our private course here.

We have area, such as by the club house, and there are quick connects galore where there should actually by automatic sprinklers.

Until the course's budget is ready, I requested that we get those areas that aren't automatically watered to get automatic sprinklers put there by the end of 2004.

So for the time being, I have to use these, or, I ordered a key for every free coupler in the ground and I am going to thread an impact on the key so I can run a sprinkler right from the coupler without any hose. I am going to make the PVC stand so that I can get those areas with quick connects covered, because they are way too far apart for impact range. So, my setup would be take a key with a hose and the PVC stand, and stand it in the middle of the two quick connects that are too far apart while the key with the impact threaded onto it, so I get even coverage.

I know this sounds confusing, but this will have to work until I can get the automatic sprinklers put in. I also was thinking the same impact on the QC Key so I get matched precip. rates.

Sorry for the confusion, just had to explain:dizzy:

5. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I forgot to mention that the areas where there are quick connects galore are ares like the rough about 20 feet from center of fairway, ect.

Alex

6. Looks like they hired the right guy

7. I like it, cheap and simple.

8. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Tony,
    What do you mean by that?

Read what I said...these will only be used for a year or two; the couplers are too far apart and these will help me get even coverage between the two. Is there anything wrong with that, or should I ask for the money now, and make the course go in the hole?

9. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I think Tony was throwing you a compliment. Just my thought.

10. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

just remember you get what you pay for!!!!!:hammerhead: :jester: