Look What Someone Sent Me

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Dreams, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

It's about damn time! They have been using this as a tactic to keep customers for years. You wouldn't think that it would work, but I have signed people up only to have them say, "well Trugreen has already been out, so I'll go with you next year."

3. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

Who sent that? And why were you on the list?

4. Green Dreams

from Texas

Someone who is also in the business sent it to me. Thought I'd think it was interesting...no opinions, just interesting.

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

oh they went and done it now

6. 2 man crew

It would be interesting if anything comes of this. I would like to know how this law firm is getting the email list.

7. Green Dreams

from Texas

my buddy found it. It was a google ad when he entered chemlawn he says.

8. Bryn

Bryn LawnSite Member

It seems that this law firm is into class action law suites. Makes me think of the new mutual funds you can buy, where the return depends on the class action law suite payout. Yes, you can now invest your retirement in class action lawsuit funds. Maybe this would be classed as a growth fund? :)

Bryn

9. 2 man crew

After I saw your post I did a google search for "chem lawn law suit" it came right up. Then I did a search just for TGCL and it was still at the top of the search. I hate lawyers but I can tolerate this one since its against the enemy. But it could also hurt us (our industry) with the negative publicity.

Bryn, Sad but true. probably not a bad investment. There are some web co's that specialize in litigation news and early court verdicts. Great for the do it your selfers. I still hate lawyers!

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

There are whole websites that are devoted to customer complaints and stories about TG. I was on one, one time, and read several stories of people who have experienced this. I sort of equate it "slamming" that the long distance phone companies do.
    One conclusion that I arrived to, was that they (TG) seem to prey on old people. This is the market that is the easiest to take advantage of. "Mrs. McCranny" gets a bill that is this official looking document, with her name, her address, and telephone number on it, so she thinks she better pay this $55. It happens all the time.