Looked at a used Toro Zmaster 62" 27HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Simply Green L&L, May 5, 2005.

1. Simply Green L&L

Simply Green L&L LawnSite Member

What do you guys think a 2003 Toro Zmaster Z257 62" deck with a Kohler 27hp engine is worth? The machine has the Zstand to raise the front of the machine and the foot pedal to raise the deck. There are currently 394 hours on the machine.

Thanks for the input.

Simply Green Lawn & Landscape
    1996 F250 S/C 4x4 w/ Meyer plow and SnowEx salt spreader
    1990 F350 Stake Dump
    20' Haulmark enclosed trailer
    16' International open landscape trailer
    62" Toro Zmaster Z255 w/ 8hp bagger/vacuum unit
    48" Exmark wb
    36" Exmark wb
    21" mower
    Sidewalk edger
    Echo string trimmers, backpack blowers, and hedge trimmers
    Little Wonder 8hp blower
    Billy Goat 16hp tailgate leaf loader
  2. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 62" Toro z-master with a 25 hp engine and i love it. Yea it has the "dreaded" SFS deck, but whatever. I like the deck! If you know how to use the deck it works really good! I would say go for it! Good luck
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

People always act like the SFS deck is some terrible thing, but I have one and have never found it to be much of a problem either. As far as the value goes, I was at the dealer this week, and they were selling 62" Z Masters with Turbo Force decks and either 27 hp kohler, or 25 kaw. for 7900 out the door. Thus, I would say the machene you mentioned would be worth somewhere in the $6000 range.
  4. Simply Green L&L

Simply Green L&L LawnSite Member

Thanks for your input. I also have priced some new machines. The best price that I got for a 27hp Kohler and 60" turbo force deck was $8100 and then I assume the 6% for Uncle Sam for a total of $8586. The used one that I originally posted about, the guy wants $6200 including some extra new belts and a hydro filter. Also he said that he would take $1500 down and let me make payments.
    I also have a 62" SFS that I have used for 5 years now with no problems.