Looked at the $1,900 wright stander today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by outdoorsmanjw, Feb 21, 2010.

1. outdoorsmanjw

outdoorsmanjw LawnSite Member

I am paying with cash I sold my old fourwheeler for I want somthing that will hold up though and start with equitment I can use in almost any yard I can upgrade to a bigger mower latter if needed.
  2. outdoorsmanjw

I should of called on craigslist two weeks ago I was busy at the time with work and such sold for $1,700 with low hours I was really mad I missed it.
  3. Lazer Cut

Lazer Cut LawnSite Senior Member

HEY... dont buy that freaking wright stander...

I took a look too... they are total idiots. They told me they'd take $1500!! I said highest I'd go is $1200 cause I'd be putting a new engine on it... That mower is a PIECE OF S*IT... dont buy it... I believe its stolen and they are trying to unload it...

Just my thoughts
  4. outdoorsmanjw

I missed out on a 34z but I am not going to buy they wright stander they were shadey as hell that place was a **** hole
  5. silverado212

silverado212 LawnSite Senior Member

My Toro would be a good choice for you to start with.
  6. outdoorsmanjw

No thanks on your toro
  7. IntegrityGuy

IntegrityGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Haha... i saw this mower too. Its a piece. i call every week asking them whats the least they would take. sometimes its 1800, or 2000, or 2500 firm. I always saw wow its only worth 1000$. eventually it will come down and i hope to buy it for a grand. But yeah when i went there with lazercut they said they would take a 1500$.
  8. Z_1

Z_1 LawnSite Member

I've been planning my trip since last weekend, 3 1/2 hrs to florence ky from where I'm at. I had trouble with my brakes last weekend and couldn't go right away so I told them I'd come this weekend and a buddy of mine was going to drive me while my truck was in the shop. He backed out last minute and I had to scramble to borrow a truck and small trailer to make the trip. I thought I was prepared to leave out this morning and the owner of this mower called and said they had a better offer than my $2000. I told them I'd wait around til the bank opend and I'd match their offer, be there by noon. I got to the bank and found out I was still $400 short. I still was determined and borrowed the rest of the cash. I was on the highway and hammerd down, going to buy this exact mower. I got a few miles out of town and decided soomething wasn't right. I stopped driving and started praying for guidance. Loud and clear I heard "not today" and I turned around and came home. I had already talked to this girl at least 6 times and I called her to tell her I'd pass. Now I sit here tonight and just found this thread talking about the same craigslist mower in a pawn shop for $2500 or $2000 or $1500 and I'm counting my blessings. thanks guys
  9. DKJLawnCare

DKJLawnCare LawnSite Member

They must have suckered someone it is gone off craigslist
  10. outdoorsmanjw

Yeah I am glad you didn't buy it some one must have poor suckers unless they got it for 1000