lookin for a new walk-behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hockeypro1411, Mar 17, 2008.

1. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys im lookin for a new walk-behind for a semi-small business me and a buddy run. we're 16 so cost is an issue, however not a big one. im looking for something reliable anough to cut approx. 15 lawns a week for more than just a few years. i found http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...roductId=100542207&N=+527106+90401+527106+515 for 1200 bucks and it seems alright however id like somethin bigger then the 10.5 hp. any input on the cub cadet? any other suggestions? oh and buying used isnt really an option because of bad experiences... thanks!

2. brianslawncare

brianslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i know wha youre going through. im in the business 15 yrs and i didnt want to spend the money or i couldnt afford it. buy a scag or exmark there the best hey are around 3000 for a 36inch 15hp walkbehind. they are built to last day in day out. but if you cant afford try a exmark metro 21inch mower for around 5to 600.or a honda. you also can go ot landscaperpro.com they sell a 36inch walkbehind for 2200. my wife didnt want me to spend the money and after 15yrs we are buying our 4th scag we cut 60 accounts per week. good luck just try to buy something built for commercial use. :hammerhead:
  3. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

check out betteroutdoorproducts.com ive heard ALOT of good things about those walkbehinds. yea the cost a lil more than what your looking at, but look at it this way, these mowers will still last you when you go full-time.
  4. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

I have a 36" Quick Samuari for sale. Let me know if you are interested.
  5. dgreen67

dgreen67 LawnSite Member

I have a Brand New Toro Turbo Force WB that I will make you a great deal on, I will even get it ready to ship.

6. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I also have a Toro Proline commercial 21 Recycler. Brand new never used. 1 gal. fuel tank, Kawasaki engine with spin on filter, bagger and mulch plug.
  7. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

man, whatever you do, don't go to homedepot to buy. if you're spending over $1000, go to the dealer and get to know them. if you ever get in a jam, the dealer will hold a slightly better chance of helping you than home depot. home depot ain't gonna stock your parts or service your mower either.

you owe it to yourself. support the local guy
  8. hockeypro1411

yea i was just kinda lookin around for prospects. ive heard a lot about scags either people love them, or people hate them. seems like theyll be fine if theyre maintained. im thinkin ill spend the extra cash now to avoid having to pay it in maintenance costs later. lookin at http://www.scag.com/swzu.html as another option as of now. any idea on cost? thanks again

9. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

I bet you do like that! As from what I can see is its a floating deck hydro. Its your looking at 36" its going to be 5k+. At least the last time I priced out the scags.
  10. hockeypro1411