Lookin' for the best hedge trimmer !!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jcltyson, Apr 23, 2006.

1. jcltyson

jcltyson LawnSite Member

I have to purchase a gas powered hedge trimmer. I want the best commercial, top of the line, with the lots of torque / power and reliability out there (national brand so servicing won’t be a problem). From your experience would you share with me what you feel would fit in my situation?
    Thanks.

2. Talon1189

Talon1189 LawnSite Member

Get a Stihl HS 81 :) They are brand new and 1/2 pound less in weight than the older HS 80 :) I bought one and they are sweet :cool2:

3. scaper27

scaper27 LawnSite Member

Echo 150 is very durable, been using the crap out of them for 10 years

4. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

i would go with a little wonder, with double sides.
    im extremely happy with mine

5. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Echo HC-150.

Great hedge clipper...lightweight and commercial duty! $269.99!

The HC-150 has new blades that stay sharper longer than the competition.

6. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

I use the Redmax HT2300 and HTZ2500 (strato-charged). Both are single-sided trimmers. Aside from regular maintenance, there have been no problems. The blades hold their edge for an incredible prolonged period of time, the 2300's are 5 yrs old and have been sharpened ONCE.

Whether these are the best on the market, I cannot say, however they work well for us.

James

7. mikes landscaping

mikes landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from kansas

go with the little wonder single sided electric. Light weight, powerful, and give a nice cut.

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I agree with Little Wonder Single side however I suggest GAS. Of course soon gas may be too valuable to waste on trimming hedges :dizzy:

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We have always used Cub Cadet hedgers. Each is to there own. Go with what you with is right for you. Do a search because this has been brought up several times.:waving:

10. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

I have used the little wonder 30" single sided for well over 6 years with little problems. It is cold blooded and sometimes tricky to start on cold days but once going it runs like a rape date.

I would go with a single sided trimmer, going back and forth with a double-sided can give you a real hacked up cut if your not careful.

A smaller one may be useful for smaller shrubs but the little wonder can tackle them too.