lookin' good..

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ToG, Mar 13, 2003.

1. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

Just remember that hanging them on the sides of the mailboxes is a federal violation. You could hung for postage for everyone of them as well as fined.

Austreim Landscaping
  2. millerjjr

millerjjr LawnSite Member

Hey Grazz, Something I was thinking about that you might want to try is doing both, as for the people that you speak with going door-to-door, ensure they get a flier after a coupe of weeks, whether it's on the newspaper box or even direct mail. I guaruntee once they begin to know your name and the services you provide even if they don't become a client of yours they could be great for referrals.Just a thought
  3. adrianvbarrera

adrianvbarrera LawnSite Member

Along time ago when i use to do the flyer distribution myself...I would go really early in the morning like 6 or whatever time there enough light. Everyone was asleep or busy getting ready but no bothered me.

I would hit apartments because the drop off rate was so high.....400-500 an hour.

4. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the advice Miller. I will keep that in mind

Why would you drop flyers off at apartments????? Them 400-500 people you would drop them off to ALL have ONE lawn?!?!?!?!?

Or am i missing something REALLY obvious here?????
  5. adrianvbarrera

adrianvbarrera LawnSite Member

I forgot to mention, the flyers were for another business not related to lawn service.

That would be pretty Fukk3d up if I was trying to sell lawn service to apartment dwellers. :)
    or a heck of a salesman.

6. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm with Miller.

Going door to door with hangers is a great way to get your business and yourself out there. We go with the truck and loaded trailer, wear the company hats and polos, and the hangers are professionally done. I know from reactions I get that it makes for a nice presentation. I welcome the opportunity to talk with somebody. It doesn't get any better than that. People appreciate the honesty and like putting a face with the print.

Personal touch is how you set yourself apart.