1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking a Zero Turn mower.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stampede, May 18, 2004.

1. Stampede

Stampede LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

My dad passed away last Aug. and now my mom is mowing the grass, which is about 3-4 acers. So I need some advice on purchasing a Used mower, to help her out.
    I would like a good size mower, also might go out and try to find some work.
    What do you guys suggest for a mower, and at what price.
    Price is big issue! Just need to get started, but do the job in the least amount of time.
    Thanks Stampede.
  2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro, Husky, Ariens Snapper and more make homeowner ztrs in the 3-4k range 38-48'' deck, Or are you talking about a large tractor style mower, 2-3k.
  3. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

If your mom is going to mow her own yard at least once a week (acreages that size I will mow bi-weekly) I will look for a decent size lawn tractor for her to use for that purpose. They are not that expensive and mowing once a week with it, it can last you a lifetime if you take good care of it.
    If you are wanting to take in extra work then I will suggest getting a bigger more commercial grade type mower like a Z rider.
  4. Stampede

Stampede LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

She has a JD and a pull behind, I want a Z turn, to do things alot faster.
    I found a 52" Exmark Lazer, for $3000.00, which isn't to bad, but more then I can spend.
    What are some things to look for, problem areas?