looking at a bussines $?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by brian gage, Mar 3, 2006.

1. brian gage

brian gage LawnSite Member

hey guys i got an offer on a mowing buss 131 accts trailer & eqipt no truck 4day mow 1-2 for other 80000 no compet through a broker is that fair the route is 2 communitys ?

2. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

You should take a look at his books, just to see what kind of income and such he has now. He could be doing all those accounts for dirt cheap and not turning a profit.

3. brian gage

brian gage LawnSite Member

thanks i have not gone that far but he said hes grossing 7300 &net is 5400 i will work 7 days advertise heavy

4. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

Hopefully you meant to add another "0" on the end of his gross/net profits.

5. Rich's LS

Rich's LS LawnSite Member

ANy thought on spliting it and selling half off?????

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

How long has he been in business and what is his reason for selling? What equipment is included and what is that conditon? Make sure everything is tight because as you know...spring is near and new clients don't like it when you miss their property because your mowers were in the shop!

7. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

remember even though you buy the accounts the customer is not obligated keep you . even if they have a contract and you buy the company the contract is with the prior owner not you.

8. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Dude you really need to work on your grammar. Try breaking those sentences up with one of these.

9. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

.....who ?

10. Jdmtnbikr

Jdmtnbikr LawnSite Member

This site is full of illiterate people, it is kind of funny and scary at the same time. These people run their own business??!?