Looking at a Husky 21

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matthew horner, Jul 20, 2006.

1. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

They offer a honda engine and front drive self propelled for around 3 and a half. Does anyone have any experience with these. I'd be cutting fescue 4.5 inches and once a week small yard.
  2. qball98

qball98 LawnSite Member

If it is flat ground a front wheel drive will probably be ok if there are any hills at all get the rear wheel drive model it is only about $25 more.
  3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I hate to say this but I hate the husky small mowers. You can get the same mower in a craftsman and have a better return policy when it breaks.
    If you are looking for a cheap or reasonably cheap mower and light weight I would recomend the Lawn boy Insight series. I bought one because of the high curbs on one of our commercial accounts, that I hate luggint the honda hrc over, It has held up very well and I like the cut better than the commercial mowers that I have ran. Now it is not as durrable as a commercial unit so I take very good care of it but it runs like a top and had to do nothing other than change oil. it has a high cutting range and good power. It mulches well also. for a cheap mower this is my personal best pick.
    I still belive in my commercial mowers over home owner mowers but this has performed well and has over 300 hrs on it. I think it cost me 399.