looking at a new Dodge 4500/5500 chassic cab

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nosparkplugs, Jan 18, 2009.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Just go to the Dodge website, and look at the 4500/5500 pricre's their below 50K on the Dodge website:dizzy: The Dodge 3500's & 2500's cost more right now:waving:

I have the paperwork, Give me your Fax number cause I don't have a scanner. I will fax you the Invoice for $31,900 for the 4500 Chassis Quad Cab

Think I'm full of BS Call Gossett Dodge of Memphis
    Clyde (Buddy) Nash Jr
    Commercial Sales
    Office:901-371-9200 ext3423

2. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I was thinking the 4500/5500 was a lot higher in price, even now. My problem is that I'm not sure if I can afford a new one, which is the only choice with the 4500/5500. That said, the Ford is the only other choice-buying used. However, I've had a Ford and I didn't like it half as much as my current Dodge 1500. The Dodge, in my opinion is a more plush truck and it has the Cummings which gets better MPG. I've heard nothing but negative things since the 7.3 in the Ford. I did look at a Chevy 3500 dump for $23,000 but I'm told that I should step up to a 1.5 ton and I never see a Chevy. It's a tough decision.:dizzy::dizzy:

3. nosparkplugs

Those some fighting work's in their:gunsfirin:gunsfirin:realmad:

Real simple if you think I'm full of BS check the Dodge website or call the number I provided:wall

4. johnnybravo8802

from Ga.

I think you quoted the wrong person Sparks-I surrender*trucewhiteflag*

5. nosparkplugs

:laugh: the Ford comments :waving: and praising Dodge as a "plush" truckThumbs Up:drinkup: you on the sauce

6. johnnybravo8802

from Ga.

I never said you were full of BS. I said that I was surprised at the comparable prices because I'm looking as well.

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

CUMMINS!!!! No G!!!

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I think i will give em a call! Its the trade im questioning not the truck price. Id actually believe that. My dealer took 14k off the cummins without me saying anything! ha! :cool2:

Im goin out tommorow and see what i can work out. If they will pretty much give me a dodge ill take it.

9. nosparkplugs

10. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry for going back to a older post in this thread, but a local peterbilt dealer operated by JX Enterprises started to fix all makes and models. Price Trucking Co. started to bring their Dodge 3500 C&C tool trucks in, AT&T are lining up their service trucks, fire departments are bringing in their gas fire rigs and older ambulances, also the county started to bring in their smaller Fords. Well I think they final did something smart that a big truck dealership realized that commercial/municipal fleets are in a penny pinch and are just overhauling what they have.

Back on topic I this past summer I was messing around on the dodge site and put together a 4500 that was a optionless, 2wd, standard cab, 6spd, a 5:13 locking rear end, and a 11 foot PTO mason dump for $32,600.