1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking at a used 36" Ransomes Bobcat WB this weekend...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mister_snowplow, Aug 3, 2005.

1. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow LawnSite Member

I am looking into buying a used 36" Ransomes Bobcat this weekend. I talked to the guy selling it and he told me the mower is a few years old, but he hasn't used it much in the past 1.5 years because he lost his license due to DWI. He is selling the mower with a stand-up sulky and a metal grass catcher for $950. I am new to this, but I believe this is a good deal seeing that a new 36" WB usually goes for about $3000. Grass catcher is an extra $300-$400, and sulky's about the same? Ideally I would like to buy a new mower, but at this moment they are just too expensive. Does this sound like a good deal?

When viewing the mower, what should I look for and what questions should I ask the owner. I'm a little nervous and I don't want to be worked over. I also don't want to give the impression that I am a rookie. Any advice is greatly appreciated! :waving:
  2. New Guy Help me

New Guy Help me LawnSite Member
    from Miami

I bought a 36" Piranha Mower with a 15 HP Kawasaki Engine, for $1899 after shipping. Works amazing.