Looking at Ariens Max Zoom 60 -- ok to get Courage Pro 25 engine?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by boostedGTA, Apr 28, 2013.

1. boostedGTA

boostedGTA LawnSite Member
    from SC

I currently have a 10 year old Gravely residential zero turn (1944) with the Kohler Command twin engine. I only use it for residential but we do have a little over a couple acres to take care of. Some of the terrain is very rough with tree roots, rocks, etc. I have put a beating on this Gravely and it has done very well, but would like to upgrade now to something more heavy duty.

I was looking at getting a Gravely ZT 60 HD next year, but stumbled across our local Home Depot that has an Ariens Max Zoom 60 on sale for $4088. If I'm not mistaken, this is the same mower as the Gravely. But my question is, the Ariens has the Kohler Courage PRO 25 instead of the Kawasaki engine... do I need to stay away from this one? I have read horror stories of the Courage line, but not sure if it applies to this one since it's "Pro"?

Any suggestions?

2. S&M Landscapes

S&M Landscapes LawnSite Member

Buy from a local dealer, Home Depot does no service, they will not stand behind a product like a dedicated dealer will. I personally would not go with the courage.. Pro or not.

3. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

I've never seen one come in my shop with over 400 hrs without a major problem