1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking at purchasing a Leaf Loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drew Gemma, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

What would you guys do. Just bagem with the ztr and dump into the truck or blow them to the curb with back packs then suck them up with a leaf loader. Then if you used a leaf loader would you buy a hitch mount. What kind? what size? Or mount wan on the trailer that has a shoot that throws it into the box on the truck. Seen people around me mounting them on the regular mowing trailer. Then the hook the hose up and it blows it into the box. Just want to look at all the angles. Thanks.
  2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We have 16 HP Billy Goat Leaf Loader. Our dump trailer converts to a 'box' (so to speak) by a few detachable aluminum rungs and a canvas/mesh tarp. We can get ~15 cu.yds. in it....we can easily do a number of accounts before we are full. Disposing it is easy....unhook leaf loader (we decided to load onto rear of trailer...search my other posts on this subject or PM for specifics) loosen a few straps and dump. In about 5 minutes you are hooked back up and ready to go.

Custom made Canvas/Tarp system set us back ~500 and the lead loader was I think around 2.3k. Worked well for our operation.