Looking at this mower for sale, wanna know what u think

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Micheal2008, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Micheal2008

Micheal2008 LawnSite Member

Well as you all may know me and brother are starting up our lawn care bussiness next year and have been looking for a mower. Doesnt seem to be to easy to find one lol.. I found this one local not to far out of my way and was wondering what u guys thought about it.

eXmark 36" Metro with a 12HP Kohler Command engine. It also comes with a sulky and grass catcher. This mower is in EXCELLENT cond.!

Asking $1500

1f813514bZZZZZZZZZ8af93ac23660253127a.jpg

11c1fc149ZZZZZZZZZ8af1f21da0ffb4f1a28.jpg

119123148ZZZZZZZZZ8af59911456efab1916.jpg

2. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

looks like a good deal.. maybe offer less if u r paying cash.

3. Micheal2008

Yeah i emailed him asking more about it. And asked lowest buttom dollar on it. Cause i will be paying cash.
    Just wondering if a 36 is big enough, How long would it take to cut a regular acre yard minimum trees/ flat land with a sulky and just walking? and how good will a 12 hp pull someone on a sulky? Me and brother are splitting everything down the middle so it wouldnt hurt our pockets alot at $1500 but would be nicer to get it cheaper..

Seems like everything i find is eithier 5 states away or looks like its been runned hard and has alot of hours for the money they are asking..

4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

compare the price of that mower to a new one. Ask the dealer if it will pull a sulky, i have never bought a walkbehind that size, we run walker mowers and 21" toros. A new one like that cant be more than 2100.00.......if so i would buy a new one.

5. Micheal2008

http://www.kensmowers.com/id89.html

Heres one few local mower places around here like only one online with prices. And it says they are doing sale on there mower right now and still is $2999. I tryied to find another place local with website of exmark mower with prices new but couldnt..

6. FDuce

FDuce LawnSite Member

When you buy stuff do you pay with something other than cash??

7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

haha, yea i get people like that all the time. I just sold a plow and the guy offered me $200 less if he paid in cash. I asked him what other way is there to pay? Hamburgers?

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

he pays with dirt and grass. :laugh:

9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

if you are planning to mow primarlily acre yards, I would steer you away from a 36 to no less than a 48 inch deck. Also, at 12hp, I'd say that might be stretching it to use a sulky...and you will be worn out after a day of mowing acre yards walking behind a 36". If you were looking at half acre or less lots, I'd say go for it. I mow several acre lots that take me 30 minutes or less with a 60" ZTR...would hate to think about mowing those with my 34" stander....JMO

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

An Exmark Metro 36" back in 2000 cost more than that. I bought one and it was close to $2500 back then.

One of the weak points on any Exmark mower are the spindles. They're greaseless and are prone to not last long.