Looking at this truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jrodgers, Apr 1, 2014.

1. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

So was trying to get some opinions on this truck. Looking for feedback from people who have this type of body also. They call it a grain body but to me it's really not a grain body. My other dump has a solid body which is what I consider a grain body. This seems like a stake body with solid sides. They are asking $41,000 with 0% down. The most recent truck I have is a 05 Silverado with a Duramax and my other truck is a 00 C/K 3500HD with a 6.5 diesel that has become less than reliable which is what this truck would take the place of. Opinions?

http://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/listing/2013-CHEVROLET-SILVERADO-3500HD-110734418

2. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

By the way this is the first gas truck I've had in a while but for me and my uses diesels are becoming less cost effective.

3. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Somebody else on here made a thread about that same truck. I wouldn't bother with a 1-ton dump, very low legal payload. Only about 5,000lbs, if that's enough then I'd try to beat them down some on price. $41,000 is a lot for a gasser 1-ton. I'm looking at a brand new F-450 diesel stake dump for $39,xxx.

4. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

Do you know where to find this thread?

5. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

6. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

7. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

This truck will weigh significantly more than your current truck with the bed and hydraulics so your allowed payload will be less. 1 ton dumps have their place so it depends on your needs with the truck. Their price is pretty high either way.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

My current truck has a heavier body than this one with hydraulics and is also diesel. I am comparing it as a 15,000gvw (current truck) to a 13,200gvw of this one. Was trying to figure out if anyone had any experience in the field with the 2013.