Looking at truck for purchase

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DixieFerris, Jan 1, 2007.

1. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys think? 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab, Long Box, 10,200 miles 4 x 4, flawless, $15,000

I am 99% positive this will be my third team's truck, seems awesome. We have a 2003 Silverado 2500HD extended cab with 45k and 2006 3500 Dump with 15k. This new one would have a Truckcraft Dump Insert placed in it for next year as well. Any words of advice? thanks!

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

It sounds like a great deal to me. A new truck like that with a 6 liter will cost I think about $25,000.

3. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds awesome! Will it be used for a maintenance crew or just general landscaping?

4. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a good deal.

P.S. Wrong area this should be in trucks not mowing.

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I don't know that I would ever buy a regular cab again. Nowhere to put anything, especially if you ever have to put 3 guys in it.

Good price and all, but like I said, regular cab would be deal breaker for me.

6. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

this truck will be used to tow a 7.5 x 16 ft trailer with with zero, one or two walk behinds, have an insert in it for mulch, clippings, etc. The regular cab is one drawback, but I don't plan on this truck having more than 2 people in it because it will be for 2 guys doing about 75-80 lawns a week. I have the extended cab version, and the fact I would lose 2 ft of bed space is what I'm focusing on. Everything for the mowers goes on the trailer, including the gas cans and tool boxes, trimmers etc.

7. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I would check this truck over REAL good. It sounds like too good of a deal to me. Only 3 years old and 10,500 miles, 4x4, even with a regular cab its worth alot more. This truck was probably over $30,000 new. I got an 05 1500 4x4, extended cab, with 20,000 miles this spring and i paid $20,000.

8. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Sept was one year since I bought my truck........at the time it was:

2002 Chevy 2500HD
    6.0L
    4.10 rear............what rear does the one you're looking at have? you want the 4.10
    4x4
    Ext. cab
    8' bed
    40,000 miles

$16,500