looking at used lazer- good deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iski3d, Nov 21, 2002.

1. iski3d

iski3d LawnSite Member
    from NH

Hey guys. The machine im looking at is 1.5 yrs old. IT is a 52" lazer with a 22 horse kohler. It also has a vacumn system with a 8 hp briggs motor. The machine has 1,000 hrs. the seller naturally says nothing is wrong with it. I am not familiar with the motor, I have all kawis, how is it? also, what do you guys think of the hours. Hes asking $4,500/ bo for it. Thanks for the help.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds like it must be the HP. 1000 hours, - too much.

3. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I will assume that the bagging system comes with it, but what BRAND is the system??? For 1,000hrs it seems a little steep. What is the condition of the bagger? If its been used for a 1,000 hours its probably just about beat(the bagger). A little more info please.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

If its a 52" with a 22hp KOHLER it must be older than 1.5years. If its an HP it either got a 23Kawi or a 20 or 23 KOHLER. If its a full size Lazer Z 52" its either got a 20, 23, or 25.

Either way, 1000hrs is a lot, and it only has about 1/3 of life left (under normal conditions). And $4500 is a lot to pay for a used Lazer with an air cooled engine on it.

Pass

5. iski3d

iski3d LawnSite Member
    from NH

You guys are right. I didn treally kno whow lonbg these machines are suppost to last. I have a liquid cooled lazer now with liek 400 hrs and its only a year old. I know that machine is just like broken in. I was thinking of using this machine as a backup for this coming season then maybe use it full time in two years with a helper operating it. It probly has too many hours tho. As for the bagger, I havent seen the machine in person but it looks like it has wo liek 55 gallon barrels with the engine on the side. I also think it must ben older because ive never heard of a 22 horse kohler. thanks for the help guys.

6. iski3d

iski3d LawnSite Member
    from NH

sorry about the spelling errors

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Easy way to tell how old it is...

Does it have 1/2" or 1/4" height changes?

The 22 hp Kohler was used, but its been at least since 1999.

8. iski3d

iski3d LawnSite Member
    from NH

Yah I havent seen the machine in person its about an hour and a half away. So i dont know about the height changers. In the ad it says 1 year old and then on the phone he said 1.5 so who knows.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Very common with used equipment though. Uneducated sellers.

:rolleyes: