looking at wheeled dingos...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by onlythebest, Feb 5, 2012.

1. onlythebest

onlythebest LawnSite Senior Member

think im going to go ahead and buy a wheeled Toro Dingo 220 new from my dealer. price is just under 13k before taxes. looking for any feedback not sure of where to place this thread... cant afford the tracked models they start at like 20k for the tx427 and my trailer can only hold 2070 pounds..

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Hmmm I always figured those were more then that, I would love to have one just to use around home lol. Maybe if I have a good year... But I'd almost be tempted to spend another couple thousand and get a small kubota tractor with loader.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. onlythebest

To be honest I thought they would be more money too.. I went to my dealer to look at some used units and asked out of curiosity the new prices and think for the extra couple thousand I will go the route of a new machine.. Also toro offers great financing options (my mom will provide the credit) I think I'm going to put down 6000 and then go 0 percent for 24 months with equal payments
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Dingo's are great machines and they can make you a lot of money. The wheeled models use the same attachments as the track ones. The track models are a little more user friendly but you can recoup your money a lot quicker.

5. onlythebest

i am financing it with about 6 grand down. the wheeled model will be about 390 a month with taxes, where as the tracked model will be about 720 after taxes.. or about a 8000 dollar difference. I'm not sure i can justify that for the nicer controls and a little extra power and grip. i have seen them both and going to demo both shortly. but I'm pretty stuck on the wheeled unit because of the price. i just want to make sure that i will not be getting stuck all the time with the tires vs the tracks. i know that the tracked model will tear up the turf a lot less than the wheeled units but i am going to be using the machine mainly for sod replacement so its not a big deal.

6. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a 35hp bobcat CT235 tractor 2011 4X4 model with a front end loader out the door for $15K

I've only done about 5-6 projects since I got it (may 2011) and I haven't had an issue with the size.

7. onlythebest

that tractor looks to be over 3000 pounds without loader. also the area i service has mostly small lots and that's is where i get most of my profit from because i can knock out a sod job in 6 hours and net about 500 dollars on a 700 sq-ft job. that's why I'm very interested in one of these units, will fit in most places and will save around 30-40 percent on time at these small jobs

8. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you just considered rental?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. onlythebest

buying a rental or renting every time i need one? rental machines get pretty messed up around here and renting every time i need one would cost over 6 grand a season plus time to get the machine and the rush to get it back on time. not worth it imho

10. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I see. I didnt know how many properties you did sod on per year, that was my only reasoning. IF it was one or 2 a month, then I think rental would be better, but if you have more than that, which it sounds like you do, then owning is a better option. Do you pull it around on your 5x10 listed in your sig?