Looking for a 21"!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4curbappeal, Apr 6, 2007.

1. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking for a 21" mower. It will only be used about 20 minutes a week. Does anyone recomend something for under $300! I saw a Husqvarna self propelled at Tractor Supply for $299. Anyone own one! I am not wanting to spend much. Still have another month before I start getting some checks in! Thanks!!

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Husqvarna 21" I bought from Lowe's two summers ago and love it. At first I used it quite a bit but now only once or twice a week. Does this Husky you're looking at have a Honda or Kawasaki? That's a big consideration.:)

3. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

With a push mower you're just buying an engine with a blade bolted to it. make sure you get a good, reliable engine and you're set. I wouldn't spend over $250 unless you're looking to put some serious time on it.

4. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know, but I will check! I take it you prefer the Kawi?

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Either one, actually. I should have been more clear, there.

Honda or Kawasaki would be miles above a Briggs or Tecumseh, etc.:)

6. nickslawn

nickslawn LawnSite Member

I use a yardman select 21". Its is the 3 n 1 mower with a 5.5 hp honda. That is all I use. IT has a great motor. I have only had the motor pull real hard yesterday when I was mulching about 8"-12"of leaves with it. Its a great little purchase. $208 at least at my local walmart. the mower is made by mtd. it is in my avator.

7. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Husqvarna has some residential mowers with Kawi and Honda engines. I think either one will suffice. TSC also has their brand "Huskee" that apparantly has a model this year with the 6.5hp Kawi. There was a post on this last week. That too would work fine. The engine would probably outlast the deck but for only 20 minutes per week, it will last for a long time.