1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a 32" walk behind

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by gary6768, Dec 18, 2006.

1. gary6768

gary6768 LawnSite Member

I have 10 accounts and looking to expand... Retired from civil service. Ferris 32", Toro 32" or exmark, scag... Which to choose.. I work out of my van so space is important...
  2. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

If you are not limited by narrow gates I would really suggest a 36" such as the Quick 36. Exmark, Toro, Scag, Hustler, etc. all make great w/b mowers. the extra 4" of deck doesn't alot more and you will make up for it in increased productivity.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Scag is probably the most reliable but it is going to be heavy to get into a van so maybe you might go with a lighter unit. Maybe something like the Billygoat or some of the units in that price range. Those will do just fine for the small number of accounts you have.
  4. baja4wd

baja4wd LawnSite Member
    from South

Check out the Gravely ProG32 w/13hp Kawasaki engine. We purchased a new one and have been real pleased with it. Easy deck adjustment & pulls the rider with ease on a sulky. It is built solid.
  5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

There's a Ferris 32" walk behind on ebay with low hours for a good price, and it's in NY too...

I was going to buy it but decided not to spend the money at this point.
  6. gary6768

gary6768 LawnSite Member

That's the one I was looking at... Any suggestions???
  7. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i love my 32 exmark if your intrested in a 48 i got one for sale
  8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Well it looks like it's not on there anymore. Perhaps he sold it locally, he told me he would end the auction early if he did.
  9. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

theres a 32 inch hydro exmark on ebay right now. check it out.