Looking for a all purpose insecticide

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MrC, May 26, 2007.

1. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

I'm looking for a liquid insecticide to use on my lawn, shrubs, and to create a perimeter around my house. It was also be great to be safe enough to use inside around children and pets.

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Have you tried talstar. you can also get the generic form and save some $$

3. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

I have not tried talstar. Is safe for indoor use and what are the generic forms?

4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

yes it's safe for indoors, check out lesco there brand is 'crosscheck plus'. the active ingredient is Bifenthrin.

5. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

read the label on talstar. It is a spot treatment and crack and crevice insecticide only.

6. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

for indoor use that is. Cynoff is a good alternative for in and out and you can get it in wp or ec formulations.

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We like "Crosscheck" from LESCO. "Check" it out. LOL Fleas, ticks, mosquitos, gnats, springtails, ants, chiggers, clover mites, and many more.

8. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Americanlawn, thanks for your recommendation on Crosscheck on a previous post. I actually decided to go with the granuals and now regret not getting the liquid. Well I guess I'm going back to Lesco for the liquid version. Anyone know what their smallest size is and how much? I checked the website and the smallest size I saw was 96 oz for $130. If that's the case I'll need an alternative.

I'll also check out Cynoff. Thanks!!!

9. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i picked up a 16oz bottle for around the house.

10. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

oh man, lesco has a way with pricing, you can probably get the 96 oz bottle much cheaper when you go in, right now i pay $88 for it, some pay less, some pay much more, they have many different levels of pricing from what i have seen and heard