1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking For A Better Health Plan

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CLARKE, Dec 12, 2001.

1. CLARKE

CLARKE LawnSite Member

I'm still a small lawn care guy , but i like it that way. But i'm still looking for a cheaper heath INS CO with good benfits, but would like to keep the payment closer to $200.00 a month. when i say small lawn care i'm talkin about 60 accounts.:confused: :angel:

2. fshrdan

fshrdan LawnSite Member

One to stay away from is MEGA life and health. I almost got royally screwed by this co. I would highly recommend Kaiser Permanente. They're an HMO and might not be available in your state, but they're great. Summer before last I was diagnosed w/ cancer. I went through 2 surgeries and 4 months of chemo with $600 out of pocket expenses. That's outstanding! Plus my rates are still $195/mo. Check them out. In my opinion, they're the best out there for the small business owner.

Daniel

3. JOshua Gallerick

JOshua Gallerick LawnSite Member

Fortis insurance from state farm is pretty good in terms of max out of pocket and copay

4. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

I have not heard from anyone else using MEGA. I have them for 2 more weeks, then I'm off to BlueCross. I spent $3600 this year on it and did not use it once. :cry: