Looking for a brand new JX-85 in NJ

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Half a Green Thumb, May 31, 2003.

1. Half a Green Thumb

Half a Green Thumb LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

Anyone know any John Deere dealers in NJ, PA, or NY that have a brand new JX-85 in stock?

I used the Deere website and called almost every dealer in North Jersey. No one that I called had one is stock. I must of called about 30 dealers. Any info. on tracking down this mower would be helpful.

2. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

i might be mistaken but i think they discontinued the jx85

3. Half a Green Thumb

from Zone 6

It definitely appears that way. No sign of it on the Deere website. I'm trying to find a dealer that still has one in stock. One dealer I called said they just sold the last one a few weeks ago.

4. Half a Green Thumb

from Zone 6

5. spobubba

spobubba LawnSite Member

As of last week or so, All Seasons in the Schenectady NY area had at least one. I know, I looked at it and tried to get it for $825. Dealer wanted $919. The number is 518-372-5611. Maybe they can ship it to you.

Good luck!

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Why not just get a JX75? You could add some of the JX85 features. I added the heavy duty height adjusters to the rear wheels.

7. Half a Green Thumb

from Zone 6

Thanks for letting me know there's one in NY.

I hear some parts can be upgraded, but according to another thread on this board the 85 has a beefier trans than the 75 which may not be cost effective to upgrade.

With the most recent rumors of only a 90 day warranty on the 75/85s I'm seriously considering the Toro ProLine. I called several Toro dealers in my area and no one has one in stock either!

8. turfman33

turfman33 LawnSite Member

They did discontinue that model of JD.

Steve

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

When I was shopping for a 21"er, the JD dealer told me that the JX75 and JX85 had the same transmission. He even steered me away from the JX85 saying it wasn't worth the extra money.