looking for a Carburetor for a lawnboy

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ALAN_50501, Sep 23, 2004.

1. ALAN_50501

ALAN_50501 LawnSite Member

hi guys

does anyone have a lawnboy carburetor laying around or where i can get one at...the little white piece on the back side of mine broke its just plastic..i think it has something with the choke......
  2. mikemerritt

mikemerritt LawnSite Member
    from MS

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

what model number is it??
  4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I may have one as well off of a 4.5 Duraforce.
  5. ALAN_50501

ALAN_50501 LawnSite Member

ok guys thanks for the help on this but after doing some looking i found what i needed but now i need to find something else for the same motor......a couple years ago a guy brought a lawn boy used it once then he let a guy use it before this guy took it he told him use mixed gas he even sent him mixed gas......so thiis guy mowed his yard he ran out and when he ran out he put regular gas in it no oil he ran it and screwed the piston.....so yesterday i stripped it all down and the piston was in bad shape tryed to hone the inside of the cylinder but it didnt do any good theres some really deep scratches in it...its a couple years old mower silver series with a 4.5 horse motor i belive...the mower wasnt even hardily used theres not a scratch on it yet the deck is in wonderfull shape...does anyone have the part i need to get this one back running again..i mow alot of yards and have only one mower and i brought this one known i had to put some work into it....i work in a small engine shop and my boss told me to wait and we can just see about putting a new motor on it.....or get a motor and just use that cylinder......