1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a cheap grass catcher for Metro 36!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevenjeff, Mar 15, 2007.

1. stevenjeff

stevenjeff LawnSite Member

ooking for a cheap grass catcher for my Exmark Metro 36. I am new to the business not much money at this time. I know there are expensive items out there, but I don't have the funds at this time. Any one have any ideals on a cheap grass catcher or used item. Please email me if possible.

Thank you ,
  2. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

The cloth baggers made by eXmark are about $200. I haven't killed one yet. I prefer the cloth type, they are more forgiving if you hit something, and seem to blow less dust. I don't think you can find a cheaper bagger.
  3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I say go for the accelertor. I know it costs a bit of money but I have had mine going on 3 years and still near new. spray it out once a week (spring and fall and like new). worth it in the end. tear a cloth bagger and your out 200 this can be repaired easy if you smack a tree hard.
  4. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a budget then yes I agree with just the Exmark cloth bagger. But when you don't have a budget then the Accelerator is a must have. In the long run even though the Accelerator is more exspensive it will save you money because you don't have to replace the cloth every year ot two.