1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a decent WB broadcast type fert spreader?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Exact Rototilling, Apr 4, 2008.

1. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

I can tell you this. We tested every spreader out When we were working and testing spreaders for our new applicator. We even had a Turfgass PHD Type woking with us on testing the spread patterns. We settled on the Spyker as for many reasons it was the best pattern and with an all stainless on the lowere end should last a long time. The Trim Shield they use makes the lesco look sick. I would look at the Spyker 288 with Pheumatic tires if I was getting a walking spreader.
  2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Big ditto. We've used the Spyker :usflag:288 for over a year now --- no breakdowns whatsoever, and the pattern is perfect. No cables to rust out, no pins to rust out. Any other brand compared to a '288' is like comparing a Yugo to a Lexus. We had our LESCO (rear hitch) caddy's modified to fit our 288 Spykers. A friend just bought an electric Spyker 120 for the front of his Exmark.....he can't say enough great things about it. We have been running an electric 220 Spyker for seven years --- never broke yet! We sold a nearly new LESCO spreader last week for seventy bucks just to get rid of it. We still have 6 or 7 more that just take up space.