Looking for a faster and more productive way to top dress compost etc.??

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Exact Rototilling, Jun 14, 2009.

1. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks pt
    Sounds like a plan, I got plenty of time to build it before fall. :drinkup:

2. onebreezer

onebreezer LawnSite Member

for what you have in that dump trailer and truck and an extra grand you can have a conveyer truck and self load in seconds

3. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Humm, I never knew such a thing existed but checked it out and here is something like you are talking about.

http://www.htcconveyors.com/html/1200.html

It looks like it would be a lot more than a grand though.

4. onebreezer

no not close with that one you cannot pull your unit under it cause it has to be raised this one has a completely conveyered floor out of metal look up Chandler's web site

5. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

onebreezer - can you give us a link to the conveyer system you use? What is chandlers site?

6. Barefoot James

7. onebreezer

yes. there are a number of branches. the one that i worked with is in gainsville ga. start to finish they were perfect. i had a little problem with mine months after the sale and they followed thru with great service. michael gaines is the go to guy. these guys know their business. they will work with anyone in the country.
    also graylon nichols in anderson, sc with executive auto worked in tantum to find me the perfect truck to match the spreader box and matched my price point. i would recommend graylon to anyone also. a guy with impecable character.

8. Barefoot James

onebreezer - you have a sweet set up for spreading compost/topsoil/sand how does it work with mulching? We use a small lawn tractor with a slip scoop that we could pull up under the conveyor and drop it in and drive at 10mph to the next drop point a plop and back to the truck. Now we are having the piles delivered and dumped in the street. This saves us BIG TIME - we can move and spread 1 yards in 1.5 hours with two guys - one driving one raking. i can get him material faster than he can rake it out.

Have you ever put that video on TV?

9. onebreezer

so a slip scoop i think i know what that is it works ok for mulch shreaded wood clogs more than soil so you have to climb inside and help it out from time to time and i would want a larger box for mulch cause it has less weight and you need more volume i have toyed with the idea of a blower on a trailer behind the outflow so that as it comes off of the conveyer a blower picks it up and forces it thru the pipe