1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a ggod quality Landscape weed barrier?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ranger520, May 4, 2003.

1. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

Can anyone recommend a good quality landscape weed barrier and a source for it?

thanks
    scott

2. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

Check with your local conservation service agency. My uncle is the field manager where I live and they sell fabric, tile, culverts and seed. I buy #500 strengh, 12' wide for $.60 a linear ft.

3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Nope, I dont use it!! My weed barrier is mulch, mulch and more mulch.

4. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Preen and mulch.

5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto.

6. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

What about under Rock

7. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

The fabric works great under rock.

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I use Petramat. It is as good as I have found. Petramat is used under asphalt as underlayment. It comes in many different weights. The only problem with it is it comes in 12' or 15' lengths and there is about 300' linear feet per roll. They are hard to handle. We cut them in half with a chain saw. You can find the stuff at asphalt supply companies. Also to cut around sprinklers trees, curbing and the like we use a handheld propane torch. Works great. Much better then trying to cut the stuff with a sissors or knife.

9. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I can get you some really good stuff. 300' roll by 3' wide is about $20 or $25 I think. I don't know how much it would cost me to ship it to you but it couldn't be that much. This is a great deal on some very good stuff. Or I could put you in contact with my (local) supplier and you could buy directly from them or ask them where they get it and call the company who makes it and ask for a local supplier. Email me if interested......