Looking for a good winterizing photo

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Aug 26, 2007.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

We're going to change from sending out a letter to a postcard for winterizing. These are to send out to our existing clients reminding them to call us about getting the system blown out, or at the least, shut it down and drain it. Looking for a good photo for the front. Something along the lines of sprinklers running while snowing, frozen lawn/trees from running while cold, water blowing out a cracked backflow device, or something similar. I thought Rainbird or Hunter had some decent photos for that in the past, but can't find anything on the websites. Anybody have one, or know where to find a good one? Done a couple searches already but nothing too great so far.

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

There were some great winterizing "fog" and other pictures posted last year and I saved quite a few of them. Alas, when I changed computers they didn't make the transition. You might do a thread search.

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

That one doesn't have many pics in it. I think BSME took a bunch of pics and posted them up in a different thread.

5. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Once my email works I can send you different postcards we have sent in the past

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet. We may look for a local photo with Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak covered in snow. Would give a good local taste to it.

Anyone use a bulk mailing company? We usually send out to about 1000 people, and with the addition of the 200 new customers we just got, and all the other new ones this year, probably sending out to 1200-1400. I usually weed thru the list before creating labels due to inactive customers, moved, PITA, etc. Postcards would be good also if we do direct mailings to certain neighborhoods.

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

EMAIL. Bulk mailing for the modern man. :clapping:

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah but I don't have email addresses for everybody on my list, not even a good percentage. And I don't trust email that much for getting to everybody. I get a lot of mail that gets bounced back for no apparent reason, or mail from people gets put directly into my spam folder when it should not.

9. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

We typically send around 8,000 postcards, this year I am taking some profit from the large job that we are working on and I am rolling the dice and we are going to mail over 70,000 postcards out to 300K+ homes and 100K+ income. Purchased two more compressors (4.5 compressors now, the half is one that has been in an accident but the engine and tank are 100%) and I am hoping to double or even triple our winterizations to somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000+ this year. And if not then so be it, takes money to make money.

10. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I got a bunch of "fogger" pictures if you want. I used to have a couple pics of sprinklers coming up in the snow... I think that computer crashed.