Looking for a lawn web site developer

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Scagg Mann, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Scagg Mann

Scagg Mann LawnSite Member

I hope someone can help us out! We had a web company develop a lawn web site two years ago. We got too busy and did not renew a year ago. The company is out of Texas I believe and we would like to get the site going again. I wish I could find this person to help us out. Thanks
    Tom G

2. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

what was the domain name?

The .com or whatever

3. Scagg Mann

our web address was
    completelawncaretulsa.com

4. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

oh crap. Sorry... the first thing you need to do is goto godaddy.com and buy that domain name for like ten bucks. Some punk might grab it up to flip it to you now that you posted it. I'll see if I can find anything

5. Scagg Mann

Thanks for info, just did it was still available. they try to sell you the moon. I did not know how much to buy. They give you ten site names to buy For starters I just bought one. should I buy more and pay to advertise through them. Also, what about a host? Use them or someone else? I still need to get in contact with the web developer and get the copy of our site.

6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I was told it is better to use a separate company for hosting. I went with bluehost.com

If you do a search for "top hosts" they will be on top of the list and you can take advantage of a good deal.

If you don't locate your web designer and need to start from scratch.. I highly recommend the guy who did mine. Very reasonable and easy to work with.

Good luck...

7. jdmower

jdmower LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I sent you a message.

8. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

Yea somebody sucked up my website domain name, it was down for 11 months and they grabbed it, no site on there, just enough on the page so you can contact them to buy it from them... screw that I just came up with another web address thats actually better and had new business cards made

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Dude, you are lucky. Most active domains that expire get snatched up within a day. Damn SEO vultures.
    Don't you have a backup of your website?

10. BLC1

BLC1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

What's wrong with godaddy hosting? They are a couple bucks a month cheaper than bluehost.