looking for a LEFT hydrostatic Transmission for a 1997 721D Grasshopper. Transmission

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by donwp, Mar 19, 2008.

1. donwp

donwp LawnSite Member

looking for a LEFT hydrostatic Transmission for a 1997 721D Grasshopper. Transmission part number is 391206 Gemini Hydrostatic Transmission. New or Used... We are looking for a good price

2. bobhix

bobhix LawnSite Member

Did you find a left side transmission? I am also looking for one at a reasonable price or a place to buy rebuild parts for mine.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

There may be an aftermarket place selling those transmissions, but in 20 years, I can't ever remember anyone advertising them for sale. Grasshopper is about the only place to get those, and they are expensive.
    If you can find a good hydraulic repair shop that works on Eaton hydraulic components, they can get the parts, and do a rebuild. A BIG hydraulic shop here in Dallas would rebuild them, but will not give any kind of warranty on the rebuild. The only warranty was," It will run when you install it." After that, you were on your own.
    At one time, Grasshopper would do rebuilds at the factory when they had time. The cost was almost the same as new though.

4. bobhix

bobhix LawnSite Member

I have facilities to rebuild hydraulics but need a supplier of parts. I will try to find a Eaton parts supplier or a oem dealer for parts. I would appreciate any leads you have.

5. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, text or pm me and I will shoot u best price I can 5803177672