Looking for a New Backpack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DodgeGuy18, Mar 2, 2010.

1. DodgeGuy18

DodgeGuy18 LawnSite Member

I am brand new to this forum and would like some advice on a new backpack blower, even though I am sure this has all ben discussed before. I am considering any of the top-of-the line models of Shindaiwa, Echo, Stihl, or Redmax. I currently own an Echo PB-755 and love it, but haven't used anything other than a Husqvarna 125BT (25 cc)and a Stihl BR340 (44cc) lol. I have also had good luck with all my other Echo equipment. Anybody have experience with the brand new Echo PB770!?

2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Ok..

You've got the best Echo has to offer which I've heard is a good overall blower. I would assume the new 770 is the same thing with new numbers..

But, the commercial beast and standard blower out here and many other places is the RedMax ebz8001, I think there called 8050's now..

I would try one of those along with the Shindaiwa eb802. The reliability and shear power of the EBZ8001 has got me and many others in the line of work sold big time.

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

the 770 looks totally awesome man, kinda odd with the merger/buyout when they shaare ideas, but that back cooling system def seems a big plus of that business deal

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I highly recommend the Stihl BR600, but I also use stihl equipment exclusively and have been running stihl for many years.

You should really go with whatever brand has the best dealer around you.

5. AA+ landscaping

AA+ landscaping LawnSite Member

The PB-770 replaced the PB-755.I just got a leftover of PB-755 for 430.00.

6. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Local dealer had the BR600 on sale for one day only on Feb 17th at $369.00. Of course I received the post card advertising this on the 23rd! They wouldn't honor the deal....blamed the USPS

7. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

Most Powerful blower in the industry is a Shindaiwa EB8520.
    Most reliable is problably the EB802 (it's still a true 2cycle)

8. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

I had an Echo pb-751, ran great....got rid of it, now have two Stihl BR-600's......won't go back......get all of that weight off your back and save on your body, seriously!! :clapping::drinkup:

9. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

I've ran all Echo's except my one Red Max 7000 series model, bad kill switch wire, its not bad but if you run all Echo's might wanna stick with that easy maintenance every year, and you are familar with it. I also tried different trimmers and now am back to Echo.
    Just a thought

10. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

try the husqvarna 180bt blower, same price as the echo 770's. currently i use the husky 150bt & like it, but want to upgrade to the 180bt