1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a new commercial quality chainsaw

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Talon1189, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Talon1189

Talon1189 LawnSite Member

I am looking for looking for a 12-16" inch bar chain saw for climbing in trees with. I want a new saw. I know about Stihl and their quality saws:) I am looking for the lightest weight to power and reliability ratio. I know this is an old question asked many times :confused: I am new to these forums and have used the search features here. All opinions are important to me :) The cost is less important if the quality is there :clapping: Thanks! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon
  2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

There is another thread going about this also. I have always liked Husky!!!:waving:
  3. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

If you're planning on climbing wearing the saw, I'd go with the Stihl MS 200. If you'll be roping it up (started by a groundsperson), I prefer the Stihl MS 260.

The 200 is very lightweight and easy to use. The 260 is a lot of power for the size.

If you're mostly pruning closer to the ground, consider Stihl's telescoping pole saw. Very slick and a quick saw.