looking for a new hydro. whats my old stuff worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Aug 4, 2006.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

at seasons end i'm done with belt drive mowers. gonna sell both of them and get a hydro. my dealer sells toro, exmark, scag, and simplicity. any suggestions? oh yeah, heres some pics of my stuff, can you give me an idea of what they are worth. 1st a Bobcat classic 48" beltdrive with approximately 300 hours, 15hp kohler command pro. 2nd is an encore proline 32" beltdrive, hours unknown (bought from a church) 12 hp briggs, electric start and a bagger(see pic 2). thanks for replies.

randy

bobcat1.jpg

bobcat2.jpg

encore1.jpg

encore2.jpg

2. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

IMO 800$ for the 48", 500$ for the other one. Im going w/ scag dependable deck good engines no major complaints.

3. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I'd say $1000-$1200 for the bobcat and $400-600 for the encore

4. lawnwizards

to add to my thread. the bobcat is a 2004 and the encore is either a 97 or 99, not exactly sure.

5. Frosty03

Frosty03 LawnSite Member

Can't help you on your used equipment, but on getting new WB with hydro I can chime in.

The Exmark TT HP is a sweet mower. Best part is that even a larger one will work on smaller yards as you can mow in reverse! I back mine up all the time on the small stuff and mow backwards rather than turn it around in a confined area. Back and forth when I need it.

Then, there is just the ease of running it. Turns on a dime, run right up to a shrub, then back up, go around it and move on. ECS controls are great.

The Kawasaki engines are excellent.

6. lawnwizards

thanks for the replies so far. anyone else?

7. lawnwizards

bump. almost 50,000 members, surely someone has an opinion. thanks.

8. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I think $800-$1000 for the Bobcat and $500 for the Encore. We use Scag ztrs and if we were to buy a walkbehind it would be a Scag. I would also look at the Toro and Exmark walkbehinds it is just a matter of preference.