Looking for a new Shindaiwa trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Mar 6, 2005.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I know Shindaiwa frowns on internet sales. However I'm looking for someone who will sell me a new T-270 trimmer for less than my local dealer. I used to have a great contact in Alabama, but they went out of business.

2. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

This is where i buy my shindaiwa products.

SATTERFIELD WELDING & INDUSTRIAL SUPPLY
    1584 HIGHWAY 280, ALEXANDER CITY, AL 35010
    Phone: (256) 234-0420

3. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

can you still buy a 270 new from a dealer? I thought they stopped making them.

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

The dealer's agreement with their Shindaiwa distributors is that they cannot ship equipment. This is the same agreement Stihl dealers sign also. Stihl will cancel a dealer for selling any power heads in the box.

Oldtimer

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Bob, if you are interested in a new T 2500 trimmer, PM me. I have new one ready to go with all blank registration and warranty cards. Make me a decent offer, and I'll ship it to you. Sorry, you can't have any of my 270's, though :p

6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

All 2500s should be upgraded to 2510s. It's free.

Oldtimer

7. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

Impact
    Have you not been happy w/ the 2500 compared to the 270? I have thought about the multi toll 2500 or 2510 & was wondering how the 2500 series powerhead was? Also, what is the rumor of more maintenance as compared to a standard 2 cycle?
    Thanks
    Chris

8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Chris, I really couldn't tell you. It has been hanging in the garage since I got it from the Shindaiwa rep. I use all T 270's and T 260's, and I was going to put the 2500 into service when a frontline trimmer went down, but Shindaiwas just don't go down easy..lol.. It seems to have a fair amount of torque, and is considerably quieter than the others, but that is about all I can tell you about it. It has never cut grass... :D

9. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

Thanks Impact
    Chris