1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a New Walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeylikesit5805, May 29, 2008.

1. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

Hey Guys, Im Looking at buying a new Walk behind, Right now i have a 1990's 36 Bunton Belt Walk Behind. Im Looking at either buying a new Quick 36, or maybe a used exmark what do u guys think? Ive got about 10 lawns i do part time.

2. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Definitely go with the eXmark. The Quicks seem appealing because of their low price, but in reality, they aren't the best mowers. The main reason is that they have no dealers, so any work has to be done yourself. Also, the single hydro makes it hard to turn.

eXmark has great dealer support, makes a well-built quality product that cuts better than any other mower, and will last you a lifetime.
  3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I bought an Exmark Turf Tracer (60" deck, 23 hp Kawasaki twin motor, hydro drive) this year and am very pleased with everything about Exmark products.
  4. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

do you guys think i could find a used exmark for around $1500-2000 for a 36" gear or hydro
  5. BZACK

BZACK LawnSite Member

I used to work with a LCO for several years and still 'must' have good equipment now that I'm 'only' a homeowner. Exactly a year ago, I picked-up a 2004 Exmark Viking w/420 hours for $2500, so I would think a 36 inch model can definitely be had for $2000 or less depending on condition, hours, etc.

6. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked up your area on Craigslist and found this

1999 exmark metro with 300 hours on it. $1500

edit... ah sorry, this is a 48inch. Not sure if that helps.