1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a price on Sod for delivery and Delivery with install

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by TNJustice, Mar 13, 2012.

1. TNJustice

TNJustice LawnSite Member

I am looking for a price in on Sod in the South florida area that includes delivery. I would need 9 pallets of standard st. augistine grass to complete the project. I am also looking for alternative numbers to include install. This would be in the erast boca raton area

2. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Try Odum or AAA; my last quote Floratam; $125 per pallet installed.

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

WHAT!!!!!:confused:

4. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

Double WHAT! Installed someone must have bumped their head:hammerhead: I charge $275-$300 for 1-5 pallets installed 6-15 pallets $250 per pallet. ALL DAY.

5. Those prices are kind of low...
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

He's got nine pallets; did I let a cat out of the bag?

7. keithslawnc

keithslawnc LawnSite Member

My sod guy lays delivers and installs floritam for .$37 per sqft and tear out and installs for $.55 per sqft. Any job over 1500 sqft. Thats the going rate in my area of Florida. You have to remember a company that buys a lot of grass can get it pretty cheap.

8. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

About right for my area as well, and the sad fact is that was the going rate in the late 80's in Sarasota. Of course overhead and fuel especially is so much less now :cry:;)

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yo

Z Turn is neighbors with a Large Family Owned and run Sod company, That I do Pesticide work for. When the Economy crashed they had to change direction from doing mostly New Construction to selling Renovation work.

My point is, To hold down cost They have me kill out the existing turf and Lay sod right over top of it. Yes at first I wasn't a Believer either and didn't feel it was the right way to do things. But it does turn out pretty good. Really bad yards that are un-level don't get leveled and that is the only down side. If the yard is Level then no problem and they do cut out near side walks to maintain Grade.

10. Ric I had a customer that had a Bahia/weed mix. They killed the front, I cut what was there low on my mower and the new sod was laid on top. After 3 years, the only weeds are some sedge, a little CG, and a little bermuda. Maybe 3% of the entire 10-k. The lay overs work very well IMO.
    Posted via Mobile Device