1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a scag 48'' belt walk-behind

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by W.L.S. Batavia Branch, May 31, 2007.

1. Im looking at getting an 8 acre account next season, and I'm looking for a new or used scag 48'' Walk-behind (thats in good condition)

If you or anyone you know is selling one please let me know. thanks

2. Also I talked to a dealer in my location and they priced a new 48'' belt drive walk-behind at $3,199... Hows the pricing on that?

3. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

That price is 1,200 less then what I was quoted last week at 3 different dealers here in my area (Maryland)
  4. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

you can get a fairly decent used one for around a grand, maybe a little more. If its only for one account, you might not want to spend all that on a new one.
  5. HBLandscaping were you quoted for a hydro or a belt because that seems a little high for a belt but i live in Illinios so i dont know if that makes a diffrence.
  6. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

New 48" belt scags in Chicago are $2700
  7. greg1

greg1 LawnSite Member

Two days ago i was qouted a price of 3100.00 for a 36" scag belt drive in central florida! :confused: makes you wonder.
  8. KJones - do you know through what dealer
  9. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT LawnSite Member
    from US

Ask them if they will do any better for cash, sometimes dealers around here will.
  10. I have a 48" bobcat belt wb for sale if your interested.