Looking for a small 4 cyl. car

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by QualityLawnCare4u, May 15, 2007.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I know this is not lawn equipment but thought I would give it a shot. I am looking for a 90,s model nissan sentra, corolla, civic that is in good shape, a cash special. I have got to park my truck for work ONLY, it is killing me in gas and ours just hit the 3.00 mark today! I do a lot of driving without the trailor and gas is hitting me for 35% of gross right now:cry: Thought some of you might have a granny or family member who has one that is a one owner or at least can tell you something about the car.

Thanks
    Dany

2. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

I feel your pain and i am inthe same boat. I just put $91.00 in my truck. Im thinking about going to dealer auction w/ a dealer friend of mine to buy something if i can scrape up enough money. Hopefully you find what u need

3. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Whatever you do, no matter how desperate you get, don't buy a GM 2.2L car. GM 2.5L are wonderful, run forever, efficient motors. The 2.2 is an unworthy successor.

4. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmm...My 2.2 is awesome in my Truck.

5. QualityLawnCare4u

Thanks, I guess that is why I'm a little partial to the older Jap cars. Found a 97 Sentra at a ** stealer today but by the time they added tax and BS doc fee to it was way more than I was going to pay. Am trying to stay away from dealers.

6. QualityLawnCare4u

I put 50 in mine last Friday and 20 today and its setting dead on empty. Had a doc appointment in Brunswick today and the gas to drive there was more than the office visit was:cry:

7. hemisareslow

hemisareslow LawnSite Member

8. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

I got a 92 plymouth acclaim I'm thinking about selling... 3.0 v6, 43,000 original miles. Last tank I got 26mpg. Asking price is $1500.

9. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Mine ran great and got ok mileage too. Right up until it ate a rod bearing at 96k. This was after about 3 head gaskets too. Wasn't too long after that they put out a recall on the head gaskets. The whole motor was actually recalled due to block porosity, coolant would just disappear. Couldn't get a new motor out of GM for some reason though.

10. QualityLawnCare4u

Thanks for replies, wanted to bump this one since I'm still looking. Here are my prefered choices

1) Nissan Sentra 93 model up.

2) Any Toyota 4 cyl. tercel, corolla, in the 93 up model

3) Honda civic

I am looking for a older cash car,(remember what I do for a living) not a several thousand dollar car. Yeah, I'm cheap and broke like all my customers:laugh: