Looking for a source for printed information handouts

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JFF, May 25, 2008.

1. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

Hey guys. I am looking for a place to order some preprinted information to give my customers about pests and diseases. Full color handouts or brochures about lace bugs, fairy ring, etc. to leave when I notify clients of a problem.

I know such a place exists but cannot seem to locate anything using a google search or a search of this site. Does anyone have the slightest idea what I am looking for and where to find it?

Thanks in advance.

2. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

John Deere Landscapes has some awesome options available, just ask them for a Brochure and call the number, they will get you set up, you also need to be a member of the Partners program and tell them you will spend atleast 10,000 with them this year. Not real sure how technical they are.

3. superchad

superchad LawnSite Member

Try rndsigns.com they have tons of stuff. They always send me huge packets of stuff every year.

4. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. That's a lot closer than I was getting on my own. I appreciate the help.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Try your local land grant college. They often have brochures or leaflets on the various diseases and insects. Often they are inexpensive--and the Razorbacks might cut you a deal for larger quanties. Of course you cannot print your name on them. But you have the advantage of your customer seeing U of A info as authoritative and unbiased. You should be able to find leaflets for the 6 most common turf diseases, and at least 3 turf insects. Discuss with them--as to what is allowed--regarding commercial distribution. Giving them to customers that have specific problems would be a good and helpful use of the university information. Sometimes Federal government brochures may be helpful.

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Vet any information coming out of a college carefully. I have noticed info on turf and ornamental pests taking a biased politically correct position. In one case, the info presented to a prospective client caused me to decline him as a client.