looking for a spreader around $100-$150

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by THIESSENS TLC, Apr 10, 2013.

1. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't really searched much, but I need a good spreader for $100-$150. I don't do a lot of fertilizing so I don't need to spend $3-$400. I've been looking at a shindaiwa homeowner rotary spreader at my local dealer for $119. What else is out there that is good for my price range?
    Thanks guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I want $125 for mine. It is a stainless steel Scotts (Anderson's) holds 80 pounds. Helical cone for pattern adjustment. Click my name and look at my pictures to see it. Comes with rain cover. New tires.
    Electronic speedometer/odometer at no extra cost if needed. Has holster for 1 qt hand sprayer. Extra handle for easy lifting.

3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

How big are your lawns...?

If they are smaller I really like the Earthway Monkey grinder model. Takes a bit to calibrate your brain on flow rate-crank speed and throttle, but once you get it down it's the ticket. About $110- $130 range.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. chem1

chem1 LawnSite Member

I don't know if you have a Tractor Supply store in your area, but I just picked up one of their GroundWorks push spreaders for $130. It holds 125 lbs. of material and seems to be built very well. I was pleased.

5. THIESSENS TLC

Sorry Riggle, its a little too far though. Thanks tho
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. THIESSENS TLC

TSC store??? Is that the all black spreader?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. chem1

chem1 LawnSite Member

8. THIESSENS TLC

I have a TSC just down the road from me and was there looking at that same spreader when it was on sale about 2 weeks ago, and it just didn't look too good for that price. But now ya got me thinking....what are the settings like on it? I believe its an all steel frame too correct?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. chem1

chem1 LawnSite Member

The manual lists several spreader settings supposedly calibrated for various "lbs/1000 sq. ft." of product. Mine was reasonably close, but I still need to tweak it a little more. I was pleased with the pattern it threw. The frame appears to be powder coated.

10. THIESSENS TLC

Does it have a rain cover for the hopper?
    Posted via Mobile Device