Looking for a used Rainbird RC7A or RC7C

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CMKC, Apr 22, 2005.

1. ACC

ACC LawnSite Member

Much obliged Wet_Boots. With your input I went ahead and made the small gamble of picking up the new Hunter timer. All's connected and running well. I think the valves respond (open) much more quickly to the 24 volts (28 per my multimeter) from the new Hunter timer. The buzzing from the one solenoid valve is gone, too (for now?).

I am enjoying the long thread elsewhere here on the RC-7 etc. old Rainbird electro-mechanical timers. The friend whom I helped today marveled at the weight and size difference. Of course, whether the new Hunter electronic controller will last the 30 years that the RC-7A model she had is in question.

Gonna maybe try to sell the old RC-7A controller on Ebay for the price of shipping.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

there are a bunch of those old controllers on ebay, and nearly all of them have the same motor failure that stops them from keeping time

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Every time I had to pull a RC, I would get tears of despair from the clients, geez, they loved those clocks!

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device

LS has a killer search engine :)

5. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Get a job...:laugh:

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Always looking to expand my horizons, maybe I'll throw in with you for a while.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. irritation

I would love some good help.

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Stagnant Pressure :p

9. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Some time ago I ran across a company that repaired old mechanical controllers. Can't remember exactly but you can prob search the net and find it. If I recall it didn't make sense $ to repair them though.

10. irritation

Yea, I had to start replacing them. The timing and rapid advance motors are hard to find and too expensive.