1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a w/b from Toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bscill, Jul 18, 2003.

1. bscill

bscill LawnSite Member
    from KY

What do any of guys think about the 36" pistol grip w/b from Toro with the Kaw 15hp? In the market to buy one, just wanting to check first with someone that might have one.
  2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I thought the reason people bought Toros was for the T-bar. There are tons of machines out there with pistol grips, why the Toro?
  3. bscill

bscill LawnSite Member
    from KY

Not really a reason for the pistol grips, just the one around my area for sale.
  4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

get the t bar.

from AL

Unless this is a New Model, Toro Does not put a 15Kaw on the 36". Is this Special Order? I was able to Special order a 17hp on the 36" but I Don't think they oFFer a 15hp Kaw?? Mabe a 15Kaw on the 44" & deck swaPPed with the 36? (Same Tractor unit) Yes.

Get The PISTOLS if this is a Hydro unit or beTTer yet get an eXmak w/ECS.
  6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I highly recommend the T bar if it's a belt drive mower. Otherwise, I think you're better off with an Exmark for various reasons.

if at all possible test out your mower before buying.
  7. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

In June 03 I purchased a 36" Toro W/B. I looked at others and purchased it because it had the "t" handle controls. I like it. It has a 12.5 Kaw. Enough power for me, I only weigh 155#. If I had not been looking for the "T" controls I would have gone with the Exmark.:cool: