Looking for a work truck

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by mikegreen, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Blanks landscaping

Blanks landscaping LawnSite Member

It's a 2000 it's a stick to so that helps a lot

2. Townhouse Yards

Townhouse Yards LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I have a 2005 Ford Ranger. I love the fuel economy and the truck, but it depends on what you want the truck to do. I think the biggest you would want to tow with a ranger is a 6 x 12 utility trailer. I have the 4.0 V6 and it has a decent amount of power. I am limited on what I can do, but it works for my everyday usage. I can rent the HD truck if I need to carry a lot of stones or gravel.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. mikegreen

mikegreen LawnSite Member

what kind of fuel range are you getting on a 2005 ford? i want the truck to pull a trailer with a walk behind and riding mower.

4. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

I used to run my business with a full size silverado 1500, 2WD stick shift with the 4.3 v6. Great fuel economy and was able to pull around a 6x10 with two walk behinds on it. Had to retire it as business got bigger and no longer had a use for it.

It's for sale if you're interested, I know it's not 4WD but makes a great 8-9 month truck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Townhouse Yards

Townhouse Yards LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I haven't actually checked but I think maybe 14 or 16mpg with the V6 in the city without a trailer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. mikegreen

mikegreen LawnSite Member

im in rochester i need 4wd for the snow.

7. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

We're pulling our 2500 pound rig with a 4x4 Tacoma, 5-speed with the 2.7 liter 4 cylinder and get 18 to 19 with it while towing.

8. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

Sell you a 2006 Chevy 1500 Regular Cab Short Bed, just turned 100k it's 4wd and has Curt hitch setup. Has front strobes, just have to change the bulbs to amber for yourself for plowing if you so choose. Looking to get 11,500 I'm located just outside of Springfield MA in Connecticut.

9. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

For some reason I can't edit my post, it has the 4.8 V8 w/ auto transmission, just had the transmission serviced, full synthetic fluids & a new filter.

10. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Alabama

If you're looking to go small get a Ford or Yota they are the best Chevy's suck period.