looking for a zero turn, Does this look like a good deal.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by A-PlusLawnCare, Jul 22, 2013.

1. A-PlusLawnCare

A-PlusLawnCare LawnSite Member

Well ive been looking for a zero turn, The lawn tractor just isnt doing it anymore, LOL. So Im not finding much im not wanting to spend a lot right now and dont want to finance one.

I have found this White outdoor 50" with 500 hours on it, It has a 22hp Tecumseh engine. everything works great, He will take $1100 for it. Does this look like something I should get?

00m0m_hkbXATXK7S2_600x450.jpg

2. A-PlusLawnCare

3. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

the REAL question is....how pissed of do you wanna be when you start using this machine...cause you is gonna be all sorts of pissed off BECAUSE #1- It's a MTD product #2 It has a engine that has a lackluster reputation thats out of business and parts availability is getting worse every year. As a dealer, mechanic, and as a friend....DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hammerhead:

4. A-PlusLawnCare

Ok I agree with you on the white, but what do you think about the cub cadet? Depending on hours?

5. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

well Cub Cadet is also MTD made. But that looks like its a pre-MTD machine. But I'm not sure. I would hate to steer you away from it. It might be worth the $750. It's got a Kawi so thats a plus.

6. A-PlusLawnCare

Ok, well I will wait to hear back from him about it. Like I said this is just to get me by a while and to get away from the lawn tractor I've been using. I'm getting more business and need something more. Just can spend 4 to 5k right now on a nice ztr. But I figured since it does have a kawi it may be worth it. How long do the kawis typically last? What would be to many hours. It is the 17 hp fh 500v I believe.

7. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member