1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for accounts in Oklahoma City

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by beargins, Jun 30, 2013.

1. beargins

beargins LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

I'm new to the business, although I've been on the forum for a couple of years. I'm just getting started, and realize its already late in the season to start a mass marketing campaign so I figured I'd shout out and see if any local companies are looking to off load some extra work here in Oklahoma City (or the metro area). If you do please shoot me a PM.

Thanks.

2. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

You have to advertise if you want to get customers.

Better late then never.

3. beargins

beargins LawnSite Member

Thanks for the response 32vld. I've started a pretty aggressive and ambitious campaign already. I purchased adwords on google, printed 5x7 double sided glossed postcards, and postings on craigslist. Lord willing, I'll be going out door to door to hand out post cards and introduce myself as well this week.

I'm trying to cast my net wide, and I realized that if I don't ask I won't receive (not that I was expecting anything for free). So its definitely worth posting here as well.

If you don't mind, please critique my current web setup: www.topraklawncare.com

I'm getting a few clicks per day from google, but not generating calls or sales. So far my calls came from craigslist.

Thanks!

4. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats really funny is there is a guy on here wanting to SELL accounts in OKC. I can't remember what forum....but I read it just a little while ago. 100 residentials or something like that.

5. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

I would not advertise a willingness to do EOW.

You do not want to make it easy for the cheap skates to find you. However I will do EOW. Just I pick and chose which EOW customer's I take on.