1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

looking for advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by big tim afm, Aug 21, 2004.

1. big tim afm

big tim afm LawnSite Member

I bought a used echo trimmer today,SRM 210 model has anybody had problems with echo trimmers...thanks in advance BIG TIM
  2. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

The big problem with them is the Spark Arrestor clogs with carbon and diminishes power keep it clean. Run echo 50:1 mix in it and it should serve you well
  3. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 LawnSite Member

They are great trimmers, but Mikes Lawn Landscape is correct they will plug up if you don't watch it. I just learned that the hard way with a $75 bill from the shop to get mine running good again.
  4. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

There are not on my trimmer list had problems with them after awhile.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I think the carbon problem is common to most makes of 2-stroke equipment. At least I've had that problem with Stihl, Shindaiwa, Echo, and Lesco. Carbon also builds up in the exhaust port. Take off the muffler and scrape the carbon build-up out with a pencil.
  6. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

After you get rid of all the carbon and if it still runs bad , replace the carb. After a few years they just wear out and can't be adjusted any more, cheaper to replace than to rebuild.
  7. Davis Lawn

Davis Lawn LawnSite Member

Ya i have had trouble with mine. I took it back to the store i bought it from because it had started leaking gas. The guy was being pretty rude about it cuz he thought i wanted my money back but i just wanted it fixed because it was a week old. Finally after the 3rd time i took it back he replaced all the gas lines and it hasn't leaked since.
  8. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member