Looking for Amsoil dealer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wayne Offiler, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Wayne Offiler

Wayne Offiler LawnSite Member

I want to use Amsoil 2-cycle oil. I live in RI. Can anyone advise of a dealer near me? Thanks!

2. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Wayne, go to their website and sign up as a dealer. It costs $20 per year. You can save some bucks if you use enough product..............Lynn

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I went to the web site and did a search of dealers in area, found a couple, and bought the oil. I am very pleased with it, ONE MIX for everything!!!!!!:D

4. whitleys

whitleys LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Beware using Amsoil voids your warranty on new equipment!

I would be interested in how the machines are holding up for you long term, heavy Amsoil users. Are you mixing 100-1 or heavier?

Thanks for your time to respond!

5. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

WHOA!.... Where did you get that piece of information? Why would a mfg. void the warranty for using Amsoil? I don't use Amsoil, but only because of the cost and availability. I like to be able to get my supplies local. It is probably the best lubricant on the market right now. If it were a little less expensive I would put it into everything I own including my PSD truck and all my lawn equipment. Please explain the warranty fact.
    Thanks, Cleve.

6. whitleys

whitleys LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

When I bought a new Shindawa EB240 from a local dealer, he advised me my warranty was void if I used the Amsoil in it! Back to two mixtures. I bought his oil and started using it in my blowers, trimmers, and edger.

7. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I have been using a 2-cycle oil called Opti-oil. It is also a one mix. I have been using it for about 2 years now and have not had one problem. I like it because it smokes a lot less, there is no confusion on the part of employees as to which mix to use in which machine. I also like it because if you use it the company, (Opti) would double the warranty. I do not know if this is still the case but I like the oil so much that i don't want to go back. It is also less expensive than Amsoil.

I have not had to replace one sparkplug or even put an engine in the shop since I started using the oil......that I think is amazing.

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I've run Amsoil 100:1 for over 8 years without any problems. I'd like to see a company try to void the warranty because of my choice in oil. I know Shindaiwa offers to "extend" the 90 day warranty to 1 year if you buy a case of Shindaiwa oil, but I have passsed on that to use Amsoil right away.

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I've been using it for 5 years in all 2-cycle at 100:1 with NO PROBLEMS.

www.amsoil.com

10. Alan

Alan Member

The dealer obviously wants you to be buying his oil, looks like his heavy handed approach worked.

I'm on my third year with Amsoil 2-stroke and I don't think I've changed a plug since I started using it. One mix for everything and I run it right from the first tank on new stuff.